America’s wild horses are endangered.
Over 60,000 wild horses currently stand warehoused in taxpayer funded holding facilities; costing over $80 million/year and rising.
But wild horses have the ability to help provide a balance to our ecology and our spirits.
CANA Foundation is a 501(c)3 non profit working to unite wild horses with rewilding initiatives that allow them to live free, while restoring an environmental and spiritual balance as they have been naturally proven to do. Through these initiatives, large scale media projects and changing legislation, CANA advocates for rewilding as a non partisan solution to the nations wild horse management and fiscal crisis.
The reintroduction of select plants and animals into an environment to help restore an ecological balance that benefits all inhabitants.
Ecological studies show that wild horses have an adaptive instinct to harmoniously fit into a variety of ecosystems, which they enhance. As large herbivores, their grazing and digesting of foliage is beneficial, because their fecal matter holds seeds intact and their walking patterns and tails disperse other seeds while their flat hooves work to plant them, thus helping to sustain the surrounding ecosystem. When allowed to fulfill their ancient ecological niche, they can be used to help restore balance to our precious, yet degrading American ecosystems.
Additionally, horses have a unique ability to heal and enrich the human spirit; which has been proven through the presence of horses in various rehabilitation and therapy programs. CANA’s work takes this one step farther and incorporates wild horses as part of social, environmental, economical and ecotourism projects that provide benefits to the communities who welcome them.
CANA Foundation Rewilding Initiatives Help: Horses
- Humanely manage and preserve America’s dwindling wild horse populations
- Ensures wild horses can live with dignity in a protected habitat; free from the risk of slaughter & out of Bureau of Land Management facilities.
- Preserve and honor our wild horse nation as iconic symbols of American freedom & crucial to the stability of our North American ecosystem.
CANA Foundation Rewilding Initiatives Help: Habitats
- Foster conservation and sustainability for the lands the horses live on.
- Contribute to the preservation of our global biodiversity and help to mitigate climate breakdown.
CANA Foundation Rewilding Initiatives Help: Humanity
- Alleviate costs of millions to the American taxpayer.
- Heal, empower and enrich the lives of the local communities who welcome wild horses.
- Help to reconnect people with the value and beauty of nature and foster stewardship.
- Support America’s Indigenous People; in acknowledgment and reverence for their understanding and connection with nature and our wild horse nation.
- Empower those with the knowledge and understanding of natural law and the original creation to become rightful stewards once again.
On January 11th-12th, 2019 CANA Foundation traveled to Cambridge, England to participate in this inspirational and educational event hosted by the Cambridge Conservation Forum (CCF) at the David Attenborough Building at Cambridge University.
The sold out event brought together scientists, thought leaders, and conservationists in a public forum featuring over 50 talks and workshops.
CANA Foundation travelled to the event to educate and inspire individuals worldwide to participate in rewilding and advance U.S rewilding policies; beginning with America’s endangered wild horse populations. Manda Kalimian, CANA Foundation’s Founder, and Native Relations Director Mo Brings Plenty presented a talk focused on why rewilding America’s wild horses will ultimately help to save our habitats & global humanity.
Discover 7 Cedar Ranch
A unique rewilding space by CANA Foundation
Take a moment to journey the world of rewilding at CANA Foundation’s 7 Cedar Ranch in Bucyrus, Kansas.
7 Cedar Ranch Rewilding Space is a place of hands on experience. Immerse yourself in the journey of rewilding while learning and celebrating native ways of life with CANA Foundation Ambassador, Moses Brings Plenty.
Your shopping makes a difference. Amazon donates to CANA Foundation when you shop deals at smile.amazon.com.